Wednesday, November 3, 2010

APA style and learning

This essay was quite the learning experience to me as both a writer and a researcher. This was my first paper that was written in APA format, and it taught me a lot about scientific approaches towards research. The breakdown of the different sections and the quality of sources necessary for this style of research taught me how to be more analytical and critical with my information. The writing also was a big style change for me. It taught me how to be more in depth with a topic then I thought possible. When I first heard the 8-10 page length, I was shocked, but as I followed the steps and filled in my sections, I realized that it wasn't so bad once you put the effort in.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, this was my first APA paper as well. In the beginning the page length was very intimidating! It's nice that you learned a lot from writing this paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too found that once you start writing the paper, having enough pages became less and less of a concern. Research was a little difficult at first but I started enjoying it after a while

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paper was a learning experience for me as well. This was the first paper that I have had to use APA format for, and it was also the longest one I have written as well. I think that having the different sections helped me organize mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling APA style is different and everything, but not really that hard when you know what you are doing. The page lenght seems like you will never get there and then when you start to do it, it's like nothing to get those pages.

    ReplyDelete