Tuesday, September 7, 2010

School, Credits and Grades, OH MY!

Oh the joys of college: Worrying about homework, cramming for exams, aiming for "good grades." The latter is what really amuses me. Most college students I have encountered used good grades as a motive for being in school. Does this even need to be stated? No one enters college with hopes of failing out, last time I checked. For that matter, what do they mean by good grades? 4.0? Passing all classes? Getting at least the C for the transfer? It varies from person to person, but I like the standard I aim for: Putting forth my best effort for starters. If I do it half-cocked and in a hurry, I expect the grades to show. I aim for at least a B, but try hard for my 4.0 every semester. Newsflash to slackers: Aiming for a C is beneath you, go for the gusto. I'm telling you, aiming for the top and trying for the A really helps you feel good about what you're doing.

Go for the A. Enough said.

3 comments:

  1. It only makes sense to do the best you can in a class, especially post high school. You've already committed yourself to the time, might as well use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever it is that people consider to be good grades, is what they pay in tuition. I don't think that if someone is paying for school out of their own pocket, that they're messing around in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you. Aiming for a C is beneath anyone's potential. The fact that people get classified as a "C Student" "B Student" etc. affects some people's mind set. Everyone should aim for an A, because the higher the aim the higher the outcome. Anyways... I loved your approach to the question! Never thought of it.

    ReplyDelete