Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First draft issues

The first draft of a paper is always the most difficult for me to write. I have a tendency to get hung up on assignment guidelines, rereading them over and over again, wondering what specifically is being asked for. I overlook the fact that it's a first draft, and it gives me a mental lock on what to write on. This happens continually, until the day before it's due, and I unload a bunch of thoughts onto a piece of paper and call it a first draft. This time is different though, because I failed entirely to eek out a first draft, due to a combination of procrastination and hectic life events. Way to go Adam! Speaking of which, I'm gonna get working on that right now.

3 comments:

  1. I have always had that same problem! I get so hung up on what the right way to do it is, I take forever to actually get started writing! As you know, I missed that first step too! So. you're not in this position alone! Good luck & don't procrastinate anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that if I am locking up and can't seem to get going on a paper or in this case a letter, that just writing about anything for a little bit seems to help. Get that pencil moving and sooner than later, ideas or thoughts on the assignment will form. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay well this is my second attempt at posting this comment..so i hope you get it...anyways like i tried to say before, this actually happens to me daily pretty much. I wasnt in class last friday due to the fact that i was in the hospital late thursday night. and i hadnt even started my paper yet...and now its the day before once again and Im still trying to pan out a paper to bring to class tomorrow. I dont know if this whole letter thing is throwing me off or what, usually i have no problem with writing a paper, mainly if it is a research paper.

    ReplyDelete