Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Parting Thoughts
I learned a lot about myself as a writer and writing in general this semester. My writing style has changed, albeit slightly, for the better. One thing I improved upon a lot was my ability to connect Point A with Point B. Prior to this class, I tended to write with reckless abandon, and wrote things as I thought of them, rather then tying the points together fluidly. Another big thing I learned was APA style, and both my love and hatred for it. I enjoy the thoroughness that comes with writing an APA style paper, making your points overtly clear, but the format and amount of effort leaves something to be desired. All in all, I am glad I took this class, and I am proud of the work and improvements I have accomplished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha I agree with you about the love/hate relationship with APA/MLA. It is boring but you do sort of use it once in a while! I also learned how to really focus on a piece and make it true to its purpose. Good luck next semester!
ReplyDeleteI definitely learned to connect my writing together as well! I hated those formats though!! Good luck next semester!
ReplyDelete