Sunday, October 17, 2010

First draft struggles

More often then not, I have a lot more difficulty starting a draft then writing it. It's hard for me to narrow my topic enough to meet standards, leaving me with several quality topics that I must choose between. In fact, I spend probably double the amount of time thinking about where to start and what to use then I do actually writing the draft. In the future, I will do my best to attempt to just get working and write my draft, even if it's wrong. I need to remember that the first draft isn't the end-all, final product, and should not be treated as such. After all, if we were expected to have perfection on our first draft, we wouldn't have peer editing and revising, would we?

2 comments:

  1. I understand what your saying because I spend a lot of time writing a draft also. I get stuck on what to write my paper about. Sometimes writing my thoughts down help me start writing my paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my problem too, I can never get started easily. however, my problem is not being able to come up with any good ideas, but after I get started the words just come pouring out.

    ReplyDelete