Monday, October 4, 2010

Argument paper reflection

This paper was an very informative learning experience. I discovered that I can be very influential and professional with my tone, based on my peer review comments. This makes me more confident in my works. On the other hand, I discovered that I am a poor writer of letters when starting out, because choosing an audience was an ordeal for me. Several options sounded good, and I couldn't decide what to go with. After I picked my audience, however, it all fell into place. This shows me that in future essays and writings, I need to be more certain of myself and just pick a topic, even if I have to flip a coin to do so.

5 comments:

  1. It's fun to see what you can do when writing a paper. Indecision is the toughest thing to get over. Maybe starting out you don't get the right point of view but when you take a second look you can change it. That's the beauty of revisions. It's also tough to decide on an audience. It takes a bit of thinking time to know who all would be reading your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When writing it can be very helpful to have confidence in yourself. This can make things a lot easier to work with and writing goes by a lot smoother. I know that not having confidence in ones-self, can make writing a paper uninteresting and just "blah". So that's great that you have such confidence in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also understand needing to have confidence in your writing. I on the other hand do not have it, so i feel like all of my papers are "blah". But when i get my peer reviews they tell me it is good, so i should start to have confidence in myself and i think it will help. I also have trouble deciding what to write about a lot, but i just pick one and go with it and if it doesn't work out then oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely agree with the fact that its easier to write a paper when your decisive. Maybe not so much since i've been in college, i used to be very much indecisive in my english class papers. This was troublesome in many respects. But its something that i have improved on quite a bit, and as such, so has my writing, because while i know that i can always re-write a paper, if i don't start drafting ideas nothing will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had trouble deciding what my audience would be. Thankfully I had only written the intro when I decided to change the audience to "my brother". I was able to relate to this audience a lot better than my previous one. After I changed that the whole paper kind of fell into place, just like yours. I think it's very important to be able to relate to the person or people you are writing to, to make the paper personal.

    ReplyDelete